ON THE WEDDING PARTY, THROWING A HOUSE PARTY, OR JUST HOSTING A LAN PARTY?
A few mashups and originals:
The only thing you should be worried about is where you left your shoes
- I’m an enthusiastic, creative DJ that focuses on providing entertainment, not just “pressing play.” I love incorporating cool sound effects, smooth fades and I’m incredibly interactive: I spend as much time playing tunes as I do ripping up the dance floor!
- I deliver mashups* to the happy couple that they can keep listening to, long after the party’s over. This is a unique service you won’t find anywhere else, and they’re a huge hit every time!
- I only play clean** music, so there aren’t any awkward moments or offended guests.
- I communicate ahead of time to collect a list* of songs including Father Daughter dances, First Dances, Bouquet Toss (it doesn’t have to be Beyonce!) and Wedding Party Introducers, as well as 50 to 60 minutes of their favourite dance tracks from which I can build off off, curating an awesome DJ set that will have people dancing ’till Catering kicks us out.
*Mashups are a mix of songs (hand-picked by the couple) that I blend together to make into a custom “mashed up” creation.
**I do many religious weddings and so my music catalogue only includes clean songs, or clean edits of songs. For this reason, I don’t normally take requests unless I have explicit approval from the wedding party.
I put the “Party” in Party
- I’m an energetic dance-machine. I feed off the crowd; feeling out the mood and blending tracks together as the night evolves!
- I love using creative sound effects and focusing on catchy hooks, and infectious beats. My genre ranges from catchy EDM, popular dance tracks, and retro/funk tunes peppered with tasteful drops, the occasional trap / dubstep, and a lot of floor shaking bass.
- I deliver mashups* that you can keep listening to, long after the party’s over. This is a unique service you won’t find anywhere else, and it’s a huge hit every time.
- I communicate ahead of time to collect a list* of songs including 50 to 60 minutes of your favourite tracks, so everybody can have a “That’s my Jam!” moment.
*Mashups are a mix of songs (hand-picked by you) that I blend together to make into a custom “mashed up” creation.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Whole-day events are 550$ or 500$ without mashups
- Half-day events are 400$ or 350$ without mashups
- My setup consists of a laptop, and a Traktor Kontrol S2 console. I am not responsible for the sound system, microphones, mixing console or other venue gear. However, the Whole-Day service includes helping you decrypt what gear to rent, setting it up, tearing it down, and all the nerdy stuff in between.
- Transportation fees (above 5$) are extra*